South Africa Tourist Visa Guide
download visa form
Important Notice About the Visa Guide!
The information provided here is to be used as a guide only. Please consult with the relevant embassy before you travel as we cannot take any responsibility whatsoever for the use of this information.
This information is based on the following assumptions:
- The requirements are based on tourist and not working/business applications .You have the necessary funds/ tickets/ paperwork
- The applicant’s passport should remain valid for a period of 6 months after the applicant’s departure from South Africa.
- All applicants intending to be professionally active in South Africa and contemplating any voluntary or paid employment or studies must apply for work or study permits. More information can be found in the Visa Section of Moving to South Africa.
For travelers from the following countries, wishing to holiday or have a business visit, VISAs permitting 90days may be obtained on arrival in South Afica and are FREE of charge unless applicants have been specifically advised that their visa exemption has been withdrawn
Other Countries not mentioned:
If your country is not mentioned above then you will require a visa to enter South Africa.
Applicants must submit their completed application form BI-84E “Application for a Visa” which can be obtained at the Embassy or consulate before you travel.
Applications for visas must be submitted together with:
- two (2) passport size photographs
- Original passport
- Details of intended travel arrangements
- a business letter if traveling on business
- the required fee if any
- any other documentation that may support their visit to South Africa.
Visa info from Rainbownation.com